Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Exciting News!




I am honored to announce that I have joined the Soul Team over at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/.   This is a wonderful community of creative people.  There are scrapbookers, card makers, mixed media and hybrid artists.

They have challenges to help inspire as well as tutorials and specialty classes.  I've taken Stampbooking which shows you creative ways to include stamping on your scrapbook pages and a journaling course.  One of the current challenges is a quote challenge.  I decided to do an art journal page in place of a regular LO.

I had the hardest time creating the background.  I started with a real pretty blue, but as the page developed there was too much pretty blue.  I tried several other pages and just wasn't happy with the color.  So I went back to the original paper and then blended in several different gesso backgrounds.  This helped to balance the background without losing too much of the color.

There are way to many digi credits to caption under the photo so here they are:
Studio Tangie@scrapbookgraphics.com- Mad Hatter Font, Momerath Font, Journal Anthology 7, Quickity Split Borders, Being Me collab with Rosey Posey, Art Journal Carvan 2012 Parcel#5; Rosey Posey@scrapbookgraphics.com-Synopsis;   Jacque Larson @The Lily Pad-Here to There collab with Emily Merrit.  Whew!  I think that's everyone!

All I can say is thank goodness for ACDSee or I'd never find my digi elements!  LOL.

I hope you can stop by and visit us over at Soul Scrappers.  I'll have my first Negative Sketch Challenge go live on April 9, 2012.. Woohoo!  Hope to see you there!  Until then Happy Craftin'!

2 comments:

  1. You will be such a fine team member at Soul Scrappers Joy - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, you are going to bring so much Joy to our group, I want to welcome you. Your such a talented lady. Congrats to the team.

    ReplyDelete