Saturday, June 30, 2012

Circus ATC Revealed and it's a Hybrid!

ViVa Artistry-Le Reve
Eenas Creations-Circus Adventures
Every couple of months over at Soul Scrappers there is an ATC Swap.  For those not in the know, an ATC Swap is when a group of people (up to 10 in our case) sign up to make an Artist Trading Card based on a particular theme.  You make a card (about the size of a baseball card) for each participant and they do the same and then you....swap!  So if 10 people signed up then you made 10 cards and at the end of it you have 9 original ATCs besides your own that you can use in a project or keep for inspiration.

Our most recent theme was "The Circus".  Being mostly a digi scrapper my paper supplies are a little thin, so some creative thinking was needed.  I have these cute little figures from a ViVa Artistry kit and paired them with a circus background from Eenas Creations.  I brought the images into PSE and duplicated them 6 times (we only had 7 sign up).  I printed them on some heavy card stock and then cut them out.  I sponged all the edges to add some depth and then placed all the pieces onto the background.  This is when a Xyron Sticker maker comes in real handy!  I used some gold stickles on the popcorn to add some dimension and "Circus Love" was created.

I'm really enjoying making ATCs.  The canvas is small so it's not so intimidating.  And of course having a theme helps get that creativity going.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to creat today!

No comments:

Post a Comment